- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- 11 total locations throughout California & Arizona
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction
- Hybrid, AC primary feed with solar & battery backup
- 150 N. William Dillard Dr., Suite 109, Gilbert, AZ 85233
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
ISC was contracted to provide engineering, procurement and construction of 11 total radio repeater stations across Arizona and California providing critical air traffic communication over remote areas of land. Each off grid solar power site was very remote and posed unique challenges for site access, logistics, and execution. Some sites were only accessible via 4×4 vehicles to transport all materials and crew while others had us working in the middle of a snowstorm that kept us stranded on a mountain.
Our extensive experience in such extreme and remote conditions allowed us to devise creative solutions to operate safely in these environments. These off grid solar power systems are now improving critical communications for the FAA while reducing the demand on fossil fuels. All sites were completed and deemed to meet or exceed the FAA’s stringent quality standards.