We are regularly adding new job opportunities with our company. Please bookmark us and check back often.
Solar Project Manager
The Solar Project Manager (SPM) will assist our engineering, design and installation teams with the deployment and installation of off-grid residential solar systems. The selected individual must possess the ability to properly manage the scheduling, logistics, and coordination of all sites in order to meet expected deadlines. The SPM will be responsible for managing both field service/installation work and in-house integration projects. Under direction from our executive staff, the SPM will schedule, plan, forecast, source, and manage multiple technical activities and projects. They will assist in assuring crew are properly staffed and work is performed efficiently. Focus will be on safely executing installations to the highest standards possible.
Responsibilities Required Qualifications Desired Qualifications
- Manage our Installers, industry partners, and subcontractors in development of stand-alone photovoltaic systems
- Plan and manage the integration, installation, and field service of stand-alone photovoltaic systems
- Plan, staff, and manage remote sites and ensure they are installed on time with focus on professionalism, quality, and safety
- Review material delivery schedules and work with warehouse management to ensure that all necessary material is delivered on time and as expected in order to ensure the proper integration and installation timelines are met without delay
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements as well as any issue or concerns met out in the field
- Be ISC’s “face” and representative of our company culture.
- Ensure our clients and customers are fully supported and feel satisfied with our work through all stages of the project
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities to installation or integration teams
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with engineers, managers, contractors and other project assets to provide aid and technical support
- Create Gant charts, to assist in managing all projects and resources
- Attend site walks and perform initial site surveys as needed
- Travel up to 75%
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated knowledge in project management of renewable energy projects
- PMP certification is desired
- Moderate knowledge of Solar+Storage operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude (knowledge of structural members, weldments, fasteners, hand tools and power tools) recommended
- Advanced MS Office skills-especially MS Project and Excel
- Ability to work with projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum weight of 50lbs
- Must be able to work in harsh environments such as mountain tops and deserts while being on their feet for long periods of time
- Must have strong knowledge with electrical wiring, routing, and termination
- Must be professional and personable- will be the company interface with the customer
- Must be willing to travel – travel will be frequent and in any US state.
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Must be able to Pass OSHA-30Hr, RF Awareness, and CPR/First Aid within 3 months of starting date
- Bachelors Degree in technical related curriculum
- Knowledge of Solar and storage technologies
- Bilingual in Navajo (Diné) and Spanish
- OSHA 10hr or 30hr DOL Cardholder
- Forklift, heavy equipment, or material handling certified
- First aid CPR certified
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards, especially relating to the National Electrical Code (NEC)
What Makes Us Unique
By continually innovating our efforts in our work with government, municipal, commercial and private customers, we help to create a safer, stronger, greener and more resilient future that confronts current infrastructure issues and resolves them for the next generation.
Sign up for our newsletter
Receive news and updates about projects, technology and developments in solar, off-grid solar, storage and more.